23.3.2011

Losing Knut and Elizabeth

Dear Blog,

Today has been lovely. So much better than yesterday. I woke up at 11am hit the shower and went to knock on my roomies door. We had agreed upon a lunch date in our favorite Italian bistro. We pretty much go there because the waiter who works there is dreamy. I lured Salla also to company me in town because I had to post some letters. As it happens, I got a new pen pal from Reychl. Reychl is my friend in USA who is pretty passionate about sending letters and when I got back from Finland there was a nice letter waiting for me. Reply and send. I also went to town to get the newest edition to the Vampire Diaries book serie. I THOUGHT it would be the final chapter .. it was the beginning of a new trilogy. HELL, I hate when authors don't know when to stop (Yes, you Stephanie Meyer) Too bad I can't read it yet because I'm reading Wicked. I've heard a lot about to musical and like always, fantasy worlds are so much better in books.

Me and Salla were feeling the spring weather and I think people noticed. Hell, I haven't had that many looks since .. since ever? I guess it's the Finland factor. Finns are not attractive when it's cold. We hide under the layers of clothes and wait for our time. Today it was +12 and sun was shining. I don't know if it was the blue eye shadow or the smiley face but it felt good to get some attention. I'm not an attention whore but c'moon, every now and then it's nice to be noticed.

We bought some ice cream and started watching Glee. And Supernatural. Catching up with the episodes. And talking about tv. How did I live so long without watching Skins? I mean for real, the serie is SO GOOD. SPOILERS follow so don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

Today I saw the HORRIBLE and TRAUMATIC episode where it's bye bye Freddie. Seriously, when I saw the scene I was shouting "What the fuck" out loud. It was bad enough when they killed Chris from the first generation and now Freddie. (Chris' funeral left me as an emotional wreck, Freddie's death was so horrid that I was left staring at the screen) Seriously, what the fuck. I don't think there has ever been a serie that gets me both emotionally sick and amazed at the same time. I started watching Skins after I moved here, mainly because I hate the Finnish name for the serie: Liekeissä (On Fire). It's so stupid so I thought that the serie was stupid as well. Johanna and Salla said that I NEED to see the first generation because they are so much better than the third. Agreed 100%. Oh Chris, how I miss thee. And now the question remains, who will die from the third generation? It looks like Frankie is the new Effie, so she'll be fine and two guys have been killed so far. Maybe it's Mimi - lesbian suicide?

TALKING about tv shows. Now that Salla has FINALLY seen the Blaine/Kurt episode I can blog about it. Their kiss got me crying, happy and jumping out of JOY.

">

Seriously, I know they are fictional characters but I do wonder how anyone can be homophobic idiot and judge gay people when they see the kind of intensity of Kurt and Blaine present on Glee. I'm so glad I'm not in Finland now where church organizations have started the campaign of "not acting through your emotions" .. I could not bare hearing people talking how "It's the matter of choice". This organization, called Nuotta, started this campaing against homosexuality. They have this video of a girl ANNI talking on camera: "I was BI and now I'm not. I fought and found Jesus" I mean really, that's how it works? Dude, if you really are BI it's a 50/50 that you end up being a guy with anyway. So did you really win or did you just jump back to your gay closet when things got hard? She says that murders can get cured so why not homo's as well.

Personally, I think it's humiliating how church still today even pretends to judge anyone, with all the pedophile priests and scandals they still act like they are superior to men. That was 1200-1800 when you had power, not it's just embarrassing.

WHOOH. Sorry about preaching. Well I'm not sorry but usually I preach under a specific title.

Anyway. Anyway. Anyway.

World also got two sad announcements this week. We lost Knut. The orphan polar bear. I've been following Knut from media and was hoping to visit him in a zoo one day. Sad sad day when he died. And then we lost Elizabeth Taylor.

Jenni

In memoriam to Knut, here are some pictures of him:










Ei kommentteja: