Hi.
You know how you brag about something going well and alright - because then everything is most definitely going to go wrong. Well, before leaving Vaasa I was chatting with my mum about airports and airport security. She is about to go for a holiday to Spain and was little worried how everything plays out in the airports. Well, I was bragging how I'VE traveled multiple times and been through airports and I always pass the security fine. Wasn't I in for a treat after jinxing my own trip.
Before leaving Vaasa I sat down with Iiro in a cafe to talk through his Friday's gig. I'm so happy that everyone loved the gig and their band got such a great review. Meeting Iiro was the only good thing that day.
First I had to to change from one train to other to make me hour late. Then my train was late 15min. This is nothing new in Finland where trains come and go as they please. This was very unfortunate because I had a dinner date with Teija so I was late 1h and 15min. We ate really fast and then I had to run for the airport bus. This is where it gets juicy. After I got off the bus, the driver took the luggage out off the storage space, mine just wasn't there. Here is the conversation that followed:
-Excuse me Sir, I see that you are leaving.. where is my bag?
"Look Missy, I don't have time for this. I took out all the bags that were inside and now I'm off"
-Umm, you are joking right. I gave my bag to you. I gave it to you personally and I have two wittinesses.
"Girl, I don't know what I can say. Your bags are not here, you never gave them to me."
-What the fuck! I gave my bags to you, there is everything that I own. You are not leaving until we get this sorted
"Go inside to check if someone else took your back"
5min later and one hysteric phone call to Teija who said that she and Kalle saw me giving the back to the driver.
I went outside and there was my bag. The driver said that the bag had "rolled over to the other side of the bus therefore he didn't see it"
No biggy and one short "Sorry" later I was finally in check in. Only to have 2.5kg extra weight in my carry on. FUCK. Off the queue and trying to figure out what I don't need. I threw out one shirt and pillow case and and wore one extra shirt. I wearing a jacket, hoodie and other shirt plus one t-shirt. I could feel sweat dripping in my back.
What else?
Then there was the case how I didn't pass the security at once like I usually do. I had to open my bags to the security guy who went through my stuff. I actually said to him that this day has been horrible so far and he laughed a little.
Flights went well and everything was fine again until I was at the Edinburgh train station. I was supposed to take 23.05 train to Glasgow but I heard lady in front of my talking to staff about trains to Glasgow and apparently instead of waiting 15min there was another train leaving in 5min. I followed the lady to the train but as I sat down the trains banner said that the final destination was Dalmuir instead of Glasgow Central. I called Salla panicking. I was so tired and exhausted and she calmed me down. I saw the conductor and thank God the train was going to Dulmuir via Glasgow. Love love love. Taxi home and I was finally arrived.
Lesson learned, don't jinx it because universe will get you.
XX
Happy to be home. We got wireless today and I haven't been speaking to Salla since. We both are geeking with the computer.
Jenni
(Congrats to Taru and Kimmo on the behalf of the birth of a baby girl!)
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti