12.4.2014

27 Things About Me

Greetings!

To celebrate my 27th Birthday I have collected 27 items from my life. People, cities, travelling and all those ordinary things which are important to me I will show you - a glimpse to my personal bio :)

 1. Always a Traveler 

When I'm not travelling I'm planning on travels and thinking about my next destination. I'm a traveler, wanderer, explorer, seeker, looker and a finder.

In the next five years I hope to conquer Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Japan. I wish to see the Great Wall of China as well.

I dream of traveling to Old Persia, to wonder in Iraq, Iran and Turkey and to see the places which old stories and tales are made of.

 2. The Disney Extravaganza 

I was able to cross over Disneyland from my bucket list this year. Dreams do come true when you work your ass off to make them happen. Salla said to me that she has never seen me as happy as I was that day and it's true, I can say visiting Disneyland was all I dreamed of and more :) Thanks to great company, good weather and good shoes my day in Disney was awesome!






3. White Wine-o

Before 2012 I really didn't like wine. I was a cider girl and on my college years I was known for my vodka ways but since traveling in France I've taken into the wine culture. Glass of chardonnay, evening Sun and good company - avot - that's the dream baby. Today I've taken baby steps also drinking red wine, I'm still not a big fan but I don't say no when someone offers me a glass of red.



4. Partner in Crime

I'm one of these people who gets along with everyone but couldn't work or travel with just anyone. I've been so lucky to have Salla as a travel partner in the past few years. Traveling with your best friend / roommate / platonic life partner doesn't sound smart as we live together but I couldn't think anyone better to travel with. Salla is great company, doesn't fuzz, knows maps and never panics (unless she in a jam inside a tram) Can't wait for the next two months to pass so we can start our 3rd Euro Journey: Spain and Portugal edition!

5.Work Comes First?
I'm a work-a-holic, a responsibility and stress seeker. I enjoy a good challenge, I take joy from a task well done and I enjoy the feeling after a problem is solved.

This picture is me opening the doors for my latest challenge. Opening and managing a kindergarten
.
6.Little My Everything

I'm a Moomin fan, always been and I especially love Little My.

This Little My cup has traveled three different kindergartens with me and I'm known to lose it and then look for it in panic. My cowrokers keep track where it is as they know what sort of a fuzz it causes when I misplace it.






7. Sea Biscuit

Born and raised by the seaside has made me love Northern winds, boats, cabins, fishing, open waters, swimming and clean air. When ever I travel I miss the smell and feeling of fresh Ocean / Sea air. As much as I love traveling there is nothing like my hometown located by the Baltic Sea.

8. The Wedding

One of my favorite memories from this year was being part of Johanna and Sami's wedding.

Their wedding was such a lovely and warm event between close friends and family. It was well organized, good fun, lots of love and great food. What not to love!

I'm still honored that Johanna asked me to be her Maid of Honor and I think this experience built a special bond between us.


9.Organizer and Planner

I love getting my friends and loved ones together is what I enjoy doing. But even more I love playing the hostess. I love to decorate, organize, plan and cook food for my friends. Nothing makes me happier to see my loved ones together and enjoying their time in one of my FAMOUS parties ;) And why not enjoying one of my trade mark yellow cocktails.







10. Nail polish Geek

This is my how my Sunday evenings usually go:
Watching wrestling from my computer while drinking juice and doing my nails in a clean house.

I can sit and decorate my nails for hours, out of nowhere I can find the patience to sit there and to relax and focus on decorating my nails.


11. Sibling Love

I can honestly say that my little brother is one of my best friends. I meet up with Lasse 1-2 times every week and we hang out, watch Supernatural, discuss the latest episode of the Walking Dead and go for a Big Mac in McDonalds. Though we are family we rarely talk about family stuff. Only time we act like a brother and a sister is when we are in my mums house and we taken upon our roles as siblings. The annoying big sister and the quiet little brother.


12. My Helsinki Friends

Most of my free time I spend with Vanessa, Salla or Katri when I'm not hanging out with Lasse. I absolutely adore and love my nutty friend group. Unfortunately we've all been so busy lately that I can't even remember the last time all four of us were together but it doesn't change the fact that our group rocks and you can hear us from miles away.


13. My Mum

My mum is my inspiration and personal hero. My mum is kind, witty and well spoken. She is funny, has good manners, rarely speaks ill of anyone, doesn't let people walk all over her and knows how to make a point. She is pretty, has a beautiful home and a great husband. My mum has always supported me, she has never doubted me, she gives me advice when I needed it and never says that I told you so when I'm mistaken. I wish to follow her footsteps on becoming a good person and a great adult. Thank you mum for being great role model for all these 27 years and (if God willing) years to come.


14. Summer Grill at My Dads

Once in a Summer me and my siblings with their families get together at my dad's house. He has a big yard, big grill and lots of space for all of us to hang out. We usually go there early, sit down, drink beer, talk BS, play with kids and go home. It's a family event I can't wait to attend when I go home in the Summer.





 15. My Office

This is a picture from my very messy and unorganized office. It's not a much but it's like my second home as I have spent hours over that desk.



16. Katrin

Katri is a very important friend of mine. She took care of me in Kenya, visited me in Vaasa and looked after me here in Helsinki. Sometimes I forget to thank her for all the cakes, car riders and company but my life would be utterly boring without Katri. I wish only good things for her and thanks to her I have a nice set of curtains, in balance table and a tv to watch. Katri - I love you!



17. Profession

I have never been interested in family life but I've always been seeking ways to improve my professional career, my education, qualifications and I work hard to succeed in life. This photo has been taken just before I went to the Finnish Parliament building to attend meeting with the Minister of Education. I high honor I must say!


18.Those Damn Moomins

I love Moomins as mentioned before. I collect Moomin cups, plates, bowls, cuttelry and so on. The other day Salla was moaning in the kitchen how "those damn Moomin cups are taking over all of our kitchen".

Oops.





19. Make Up

I'm known to be that friend who will not only fix your nails, do your hair but also takes care of your make up. Thanks to my steady hand I'm my friends go-to eyeliner person. I don't mind it, I enjoy grooming my friends for a night out!





20. Snail Mail

Every two-three months I go to the post office, buy a stack of stamps and send out cards to my friends and family. I collect cards through out the year and send them off in regular basis. Another great hobby learned from my mum.



21.Dem Buns

"You know what, it's so handy to have a roommate who likes to bake and cook when you are hangover" Salla said when suffering from hangover last weekend. And others haven't complained either. I enjoy a good cooking but I don't let you eat in peace until you answer the burning question : How is it? How does it taste? I will try to improve my cooking skills today by making my first ever vegetarian meal for my friends. And cake pops.


22. A Single Cup

The color of my cup is the same as the status of my Facebook status: single.

Being single is somewhat my own choice. When you work as much as I do, when you are always looking for the next challenge and avid adventure you don't have the time to maintain a relationship. But I've learn to keep my room clean so maybe can learn to maintain a relationship as well one day.


23. Soul Sisters

I met my soul sister eight years ago and never looked back. As all stories it started with a boy but the boy is long gone unlike our friendship. Me and Salla are a team, best friends, travel companions, sisters, souls mates and roommates. We can't always be the team of two but we'll always be in part of each others lives. Me and Salla are so much in sync that we don't really need to talk all the time but we know that in the end of the day, we are there to support each other through thick and thin.

24. A Collector of Things

I collect many things such earrings and rings, pins, bracelets and stuff people have left behind. I stop on the street if I see something that glitters and I hoarder things I shouldn't ("I'm sure I will need this shoe box for something!"). Lasse especially makes fun of me and my collective ways.


25.City Girl

When I moved to Helsinki I had my doubts if I would really like it here. But I do. I love Helsinki and I feel at home here and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon. The city itself is not too big so you would get lost but it's not too small to feel that you stand out from the crowd. Helsinki feels like a city with great opportunities and adventures if you just are willing to find them.


26."In Rask We Trust"

I'm a hockey fan. I love hockey and everything about hockey. I love the game, how exciting it is and how every second counts. As a Finn I'm very proud of all the Finnish players who have made a name for themselves in a very competitive world of professional hockey. Currently I'm cheering for Boston Bruins and Tuukka Rask. But in general I happy whenever a Finn succeeds in hockey, especially the national team games "Leijonat" can rock my socks out!

27. Home Nut

I love mine and Sallas new home. It's located in a lovely neighborhood and we have lovely neighbors as well. I enjoy having a relatively big flat where me and Salla have a own own rooms, a wee kitchen, balcony and we can hang out in the living room whilst watching tv. This year I planted my first set of seeds and now I'm waiting for my peas, flowers and Easter grass to grow!


So there you have it! That's me. 

I was born 27 years ago to my mum and dad in Vaasa Finland.

That is 9862 days ago. 324 months. 1408,86 weeks and 236688 hours.

My life so far has been a great journey, full of laughter and adventures. I'm lucky to have both of my parents still alive and healthy but unfortunately none of my grandparents are here anymore.
I have lived and loved, fought and conquered. I've made friends and I've lost friends.

And most of all somewhere there in between I also found myself.  I'm definitely an easy person but I think I'm kind, respectful and learned to calm down. I have matured a lot in the past few years, I've learned from my mistakes and I have learned not to take anything or anyone as granted.

Let's see what this year will have in store for me. But now, I'm off to bed as I'm hosting a small dinner party for Iiro, Salla and Sanni tomorrow evening.

Thank you mum and dad for having me, loving me and helping me to become the person I'm today.


Jenni 27


In these following photos are 27 random selfies from this year. I had to laugh as some of them were completely nutters.




This photo tells a story of people who I love dearly and whom I spent a lot of time with or hold very very dear to me. 



Ei kommentteja: