I would describe my new job as part time nail artist. On my free time I love playing with my nails and other peoples nails too. After a very stressful day, I love nothing more than just sitting down, watching some silly comedy or a dark mystery and doing my nails.
After Johanna and Samis Autumn wedding I've been head over heels working hard. Working, going to the gym and being busy. After a while I felt like I have been neglecting my friends, especially the ones who mean the world to me. I decided that I'm going to meet all of the people tattooed to my back.

Jordan
Salla
Johanna
Johanna
Sanni
Iiro
Julia
Teija
Jenna
Laura
Hanna
Katri
Anni
Mission is still not completed but almost there, the goal is to meet everyone from that list by Christmas.
Salla I see everyday but maybe occasionally, I should try to be more her friend than a roommate.Johanna moved in for six weeks on Thursday so I get to see plenty of her as well.
Jenna and I met briefly at Morrisons a while ago when she was visiting Helsinki. Hey, the meeting was brief but contact was made!
Iiro and I had "afterwork" ciders few weeks ago. We had lots of fun actually, it's nice to have a proper guy friend. Well one who doesn't know how to use a drill but I'll let that one slide.
Katri and I meet each other weekly, so that one is going well. We are actually meeting tomorrow as well!
Sanni and I got drunk the other night and talked about boys till late at night, luckily get to see her again on Tuesday! (See! I remember!)
I made a trip to Hannas house last month, I got to meet her boyfriend Tom and we had a wonderful 24 hours together. Meaning me and Hanna had, not me and Tom that would be highly inappropriate.
Laura was in Helsinki few weeks ago and we had a nice, heartfelt talk in Fazer cafe.
Johanna2 and Sami are coming to Helsinki for our independence day party, that's still coming up.
I was in Turku a month ago to hang out with my little sister from another mister, me and Julia had some wild leaf-related adventures. Yes, leaf related.
Anni and Teija are still to be reached but Teija is in Czech, so kinda unavailable and I'm hoping to hear from my beloved Anni anytime soon.
I'm going all out for meeting Jordan as I just booked tickets to fly to America for Christmas. I was supposed to do it already last year but then we moved to Helsinki so I couldn't but this year it's a done deal, flights are booked and I'm on my way!!
As been said. It's been busy here.Most of October I've been off town to meet with friends or out partying with them. Vanessa partly lives with me and Salla so weekends we have her and Merlin over. Having the twosome over is kinda a custom by now. Either we call Vanessa or Vanessa calls us and she comes over and stays the night or few nights before going home. We are more than happy to have her over. Also, she comes with a dog and we love dogs in this house!
Another house guest comes in the form of Johanna as she is living with us while doing a practical training for Finnish tv-channel.
She has made herself a little nest to our living room. I call her "little hamster". Hamster who seems to have liking in doing the dishes! Awesome!
AND on top of all this without reveling too much, I've met someone I like and currently waiting to see which direction this 'thing' will take.
So no wonder it's obvious why I've been neglecting this blog as well.I've been writing this blog for almost four.. five years now and I have no intention of stop writing it, it's just when I'm busy I'm busy.
But I could share some stories what have taken place in the past two months.
Let's see where to start!
Let's start with Hanna and Julia!
Sometimes I'm quite lazy to leave home, I like having friends over but at times I make a promise "Yea, I'll visit you Timubuktu" but never make the effort to actually go to Timbuktu.Julia has lived in Turku for over a year and I've seen Hanna last in May.Hanna only 40 minutes away by train and Julia is not too far either, so I felt it was time to show some effort.
I've been friends with Hanna for ages, since America times and we lived together for two years and I was excited to meet her new flatmate (hence Tom the Boyfriend) and catch up.Hanna has a new hobby, life interest even: bikes.
Yes, not dikes but bikes and with bikes I mean bicycles not motorbikes.
First I was slightly worried over this as Hanna is known to be rather clumsy and thinking about her and biking got me slightly concerned. But She was very enthusiastic about it and was showing of her fancy bike and sharing all sorts of bike adventures so I'm rather okay with her doing this, just hoping that she wears a helmet at all times, biking or not.
Hanna had cooked me a fancy meal and we thought about going out but there was so much to talk about so we just stayed in and enjoyed some earned quality time. It was nice to see her in such a good place in her life, Tom seems like a good guy and Hanna is happy - that's all that matters aye? To see the people you care about happy!
From Hyvinkää to Turku.Julia is my lovely, beautiful and bubbly little sister. Technically we are not related but long ago I have taken her into my heart and adopted to my extended family.
Whereas Hanna and I are old roommates me and Julia are old workmates. We both share work history from Makuuni but those days are long gone but the friendship remains.I've never been to Turku more than few hours so I was rather excited to visit her! When my bus stopped at the bus stop I couldn't but laugh as Julia, under a massive scarf and wearing a big hat didn't notice me walking towards her. That's my little sister alright, a bit out of it. Finally I was welcomed with a loving hug "Nice to have you here!"
There was so much to talk about and the weather was beautiful and amazing. Turku was gorgeous! Julia has taken into fitness so we discussed a lot about it and she agreed tutoring me to lose weight. We didn't go out because just like with Hanna, we didn't want to waste time on drinking when you can spend time with your friend. We talked about relationships and diets and had a really great time. I was only in Turku for one night and was able to lose 2 kilos. HOW? Well Julia is a leaf-enthusiast, meaning she loves Autumn leaves and we spend most of the Saturday hunting colorful leaf piles where she can jump into. I took some photos of the leaf adventures, most of the photos were rather unsuccessful, for example in one photo Julia has a bug in her mouth. (Direct result from jumping in the leaf piles!) Julia and I exchanges sad goodbyes on Sunday but luckily she too will attend our December 6th party :)


There has been PLENTY of parties this Autumn. The most memorable party has been Katris and Vanessas housewarming party. My friendship with the two had been a bit rocky till the party and I wasn't sure if I was even going to go, but decided to go anyway and who would've known in what was the aftermath of the party? This is the part I have to censor a little bit due a promise I've made but I have to say, I've been very happy that I did go to that party.
Katris and Vanessas party has been the most memorable but then there is that one time when Salla and Vanessa were dancing on tables and one party where I got mad at Salla for texting too much(not my proudest moment). The past two weekends I've taken it easy a) because of money b) there has been better things to do c) been a bit ill d) it has been raining. Next weekend I think it's time to attend yet another wild night out with the crew!Another party worth mentioning was Vanessas surprise birthday party.
Vanessa has had a rough Autumn with her back ache and heart ache so we wanted to surprise her, to let her know that even though she far from home, she has family here too.
****************************
It's not all about parties. I work too.
My life is not one big party but big part of it is to lead a daycare. My job has taken me to places I never thought was possible, this time it took me to the parliament. On Wednesday I got called to visit the Finnish Parliament with my supervisors. We had a scheduled meeting with the Minister of Education and on Friday I got my visitors badge and to the meeting we went. It was scary to be inside the parliament building, I saw many familiar faces walking those corridors like they were at home. I feel that I was able to present my case in a good way but who knows really, I was too nervous to evaluate my performance.
That's basically it!
Life has been one big friendfest lately. Now, the only thing missing is the snow. I bought my tickets to States last week and I'm off to America for Christmas. I've been speaking with Jordan a lot and he is happy to have me over and I can't wait to meet him and Lukas and to see all my other friends too. I haven't been in States since New Years 2012 so it's about to make a comeback.
Me and Salla have now been living in this flat for a year but that too is coming to an end. We have decided to extend our roommate-ship for another year but in a new surrounding. As it happens, we are moving into a bigger apartment, we now live in town but we are not moving too far off but away from the concrete hell to the suburbs. Bye bye to all peeing men in our neighborhood and welcome nosy elderly neighbors and families with kids. Our new apartment comes with a dishwasher, balcony but mainly Salla will get her own room. (She can't wait!)
Next week we will have a film crew filming our kindergarten and the broadcast is shown all over Europe. No biggy - right?
Little photos to tell you what else has been going on!
Breakfast and with each cup of coffee, two cups of water.
This has been hard as I drink coffee a lot!
Homeless look is very different from my parliament look.
This has been taken after gym (gym trousers!) and having the dog over.
This has been taken after gym (gym trousers!) and having the dog over.
Me and Salla went for a little afternoon walk with Merlin.
Where I live now, this look is rather okay, dressed up even!
Where I live now, this look is rather okay, dressed up even!
Sanni invited me over for tea and biscuits. This all looks civilized now but after two hours the wine was gone and we enjoyed some beer and cheese instead.
Sanni and I've been friends for a very long time and it's a friendship which is very easy. We don't meet often but when we do there is no awkward silence - hell, the neighbors must have hoped there was.
Luckily I get to meet this girl again on Tuesday :)
I think it shower and bedtime for this Miss here!
Yours,
Jenni












Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti