Yellow Hello!"Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Please shine down on me.
Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Hiding behind a tree
These little children are asking you
To please come out so we can play with you.
Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Please shine down on,
please shine down on,
Please shine down on me..."
I guess this is the kind of song all Finns have been singing lately. Even though it's not the Sun that is causing the problem, the Sun is back. It's the ICE COLD AIR. What the Fuck?
Mother Nature have mercy please! At daycare we've been talking about Easter and Spring (this months theme at the Playschool) and all this talking makes me realize that despite all that snow and cold ... you can't stop the Spring from coming. Right? It just has to happen? Mother Nature can be a bitch and delay it, fair enough, people are a dicks most of the time, we don't deserve any favors but Spring WILL come. Sooner or later, it's all gonna melt away and we are closer to the Sun and Summer ♥
I've been having one of those.. not so enthusiastic updating periods with my blog. This is my 280th posting and should be enthusiastic one? Inspiring? Well fuck that. I've never really been a crowd-pleaser but hey, talking about Kenya and Gay rights is inspiring? I think so!
So what is up? What's the deal? What's happening?
I still haven't met up with Vanessa. Which makes me sad cause I really miss the fucker. So Vanessa, if and when you read this - let's make some plans! ♥
Last weekend was a friend weekend. I had an Africa meet here at mine and Salla's flat. Nine came, six stayed the night. And it's was a lot of fun.
Remember? Kenya people?
Last time we had a meet in October and I explained a little about our history. How the group came together in Kenya!
Recap here:
Blondie and the S.O.S
I guess I have kinda turned in to this meet organizer of the group as I try to make plans and organize meetings/events with the Kenya friends. It's not that I have to but my excuse is that --- not only are all of the people I met there pretty damn awesome, but also we experienced something incredible together as a group. They've seen me at my worst and best so when you have a connection like that, you should cherish it.

There is a bond between us that shall never be broken. In Kenya, as fun and as amazing as it was. It was also a bit brutal. It was hard as hell at times so you needed your support system, people you can lean on when you needed. And I had mine, my own little Kenya family.
That's what's so great about traveling. It's the people you meet and things you see. I've seen a lot and talked a lot. And trying my best to keep those people in my life. Sometimes it feels like next to impossible to organize events and manage a schedule that fits for everyone but I must say, most of the Africa people always try their best to make it to the meets and I really appreciate it. I feel a lot of love for ya'll. Pus!
Finns made me really angry last month.
Well. Not all the Finns persé but the Finnish politicians who decided not to do rats ass about equal rights in Finland. I'm obviously, talking about the same sex marriage rights because all other rights we already have!
But no.
"...We are just gonna vote against same sex marriage. Even though it stands against what this country is about? What this country was build upon. Hey. I'm Lutheran and that marriage... That's sacred right?" ...
Correction. My mistake. Sorry.
Voting against it would mean that the bill would even go as far as for the parliament voting but the standing committee for laws and shit, voted against the bill even passing the barrier. Well fuck you. We, the people can do this on our own - no matter what we believe in. We all believe in equality.
... And I've been so upset about this since the voting took place. HOW dare a group of small minded twits decide upon this? We are ready. We are so damn ready to get this done. It's a shame for us, for the so called intellectual nation of the North that we don't have same rights for everyone.
I've never considered taking part of the politics but I do admit. This equality-discussion is really starting to take a toll on me. I'm just so so pissed of by stupidity, discrimination and ignorance. Maybe I need to start my political career by taking the stand for love. Because I'm a lover, not a fighter.
Who cares a fuck if your neighbor is in a relationship with someone from the same sex? It's Finland. It's not like someone will knock on your door and be like "Yea, so we are gay. And we are about to have all the dirty sex you can imagine. All the bad kind of sex. The sinful positions. Btw. We burn bibles in the backyard and .. wear belly shirts and leather pants. And we most definitely have homo orgies"
I mean c'moon.
It's Finland.
We are so not touchy people that sometimes we don't even know if any of us are in a relationship. I don't even remember the last time I saw straight people kissing on the street or holding hands, what makes you think that just because minority of this nation will be allowed to marry they start flaunting their gayness in front of you! Imma tell you, most of you don't even know a gay person before someone else points it out.
What really pisses me of is The Sex talk. Not the sex between the same sex couple but how the whole homosexuality seems about to be two people doing it. Or at least the straight people seem to think so.
"Yea. Those homos and all the sex they have" What? How do you know if there is even any intimacy between Mark and Johnny? What if they have their reasons for not to do it? I guarantee that not all the heteros do it all the time - why would this change just because girl has a girlfriend? Life isn't about sex. Life is about companionship, love, respect, intimacy and tenderness. But oh no, if those homos marry it'll be just sex sex sex. Pisses. Me. Of.
Today an "I do" campaign was launched in Finland. People were so pissed of by the stupid politicians voting against the bill of equal rights that the public had to take action. Yes, I just said Finns and action in the same sentence. I'm so happy not to be upset and angry alone, there are other pissed of people too.
Finally, the public is acting on what is right. They made their own proposal for the Government who has to deal with it if over 50 000 Finns sign it. Well there are now over 89 000 Finns who have signed it. In one day. Yay, for Finns. Yay, for the freedom to marry who the fuck you want as long its someone living, not an animal, dead person or your family member.
Way to go Finland. Seems like the public has something to say. Politicians - it's time for you to listen.
For all you Finnies out there who read this blog and haven't signed the petition yet.. Do it now:
Am I an advocate for Human Rights? Yes, fucking way.
Anyway, enough ranting and back to Africa meet.
When Africa friends came over this week, there was a special guest, all the way from Africa. Mike from Kenya is Tiia's boyfriend and visiting Finland. And when they both came over to mine, I really wanted him to have good time, to see the good things about this country. Not only the cold and the White side of things. Not only did I wanted everyone to speak English but also my fellow Finnies to behave. Africa people took care of Mike, he is one of us and luckily none of the Finnies were dickheads when we went out.

We all went to nightclub Apollo, which I consider a bit of mainstream bar but it turned out great. Funny how much of a difference can a good group and good music do, you don't really see the bimbos and wannabes around you! It was 10e to get in. All of the crew were a bit sour about the price but LUCKILY it paid of. Apollo had a great cover band playing that night and I must say, we got our moneys worth of music. The Ål In band played a huge variety of songs from Katy Perry to Kings of Leon and all of our group really enjoyed the gig. We were lucky enough to get an awesome balcony spot, close to the stage and there we danced the night away.
So what is up? What's the deal? What's happening?
I still haven't met up with Vanessa. Which makes me sad cause I really miss the fucker. So Vanessa, if and when you read this - let's make some plans! ♥
Last weekend was a friend weekend. I had an Africa meet here at mine and Salla's flat. Nine came, six stayed the night. And it's was a lot of fun.
Remember? Kenya people?
Last time we had a meet in October and I explained a little about our history. How the group came together in Kenya!
Recap here:
Blondie and the S.O.S
I guess I have kinda turned in to this meet organizer of the group as I try to make plans and organize meetings/events with the Kenya friends. It's not that I have to but my excuse is that --- not only are all of the people I met there pretty damn awesome, but also we experienced something incredible together as a group. They've seen me at my worst and best so when you have a connection like that, you should cherish it.

There is a bond between us that shall never be broken. In Kenya, as fun and as amazing as it was. It was also a bit brutal. It was hard as hell at times so you needed your support system, people you can lean on when you needed. And I had mine, my own little Kenya family.
That's what's so great about traveling. It's the people you meet and things you see. I've seen a lot and talked a lot. And trying my best to keep those people in my life. Sometimes it feels like next to impossible to organize events and manage a schedule that fits for everyone but I must say, most of the Africa people always try their best to make it to the meets and I really appreciate it. I feel a lot of love for ya'll. Pus!
Finns made me really angry last month. Well. Not all the Finns persé but the Finnish politicians who decided not to do rats ass about equal rights in Finland. I'm obviously, talking about the same sex marriage rights because all other rights we already have!
But no.
"...We are just gonna vote against same sex marriage. Even though it stands against what this country is about? What this country was build upon. Hey. I'm Lutheran and that marriage... That's sacred right?" ...
Correction. My mistake. Sorry.
Voting against it would mean that the bill would even go as far as for the parliament voting but the standing committee for laws and shit, voted against the bill even passing the barrier. Well fuck you. We, the people can do this on our own - no matter what we believe in. We all believe in equality.
... And I've been so upset about this since the voting took place. HOW dare a group of small minded twits decide upon this? We are ready. We are so damn ready to get this done. It's a shame for us, for the so called intellectual nation of the North that we don't have same rights for everyone.
I've never considered taking part of the politics but I do admit. This equality-discussion is really starting to take a toll on me. I'm just so so pissed of by stupidity, discrimination and ignorance. Maybe I need to start my political career by taking the stand for love. Because I'm a lover, not a fighter.
Who cares a fuck if your neighbor is in a relationship with someone from the same sex? It's Finland. It's not like someone will knock on your door and be like "Yea, so we are gay. And we are about to have all the dirty sex you can imagine. All the bad kind of sex. The sinful positions. Btw. We burn bibles in the backyard and .. wear belly shirts and leather pants. And we most definitely have homo orgies"
I mean c'moon. It's Finland.
We are so not touchy people that sometimes we don't even know if any of us are in a relationship. I don't even remember the last time I saw straight people kissing on the street or holding hands, what makes you think that just because minority of this nation will be allowed to marry they start flaunting their gayness in front of you! Imma tell you, most of you don't even know a gay person before someone else points it out.
What really pisses me of is The Sex talk. Not the sex between the same sex couple but how the whole homosexuality seems about to be two people doing it. Or at least the straight people seem to think so. "Yea. Those homos and all the sex they have" What? How do you know if there is even any intimacy between Mark and Johnny? What if they have their reasons for not to do it? I guarantee that not all the heteros do it all the time - why would this change just because girl has a girlfriend? Life isn't about sex. Life is about companionship, love, respect, intimacy and tenderness. But oh no, if those homos marry it'll be just sex sex sex. Pisses. Me. Of.
Today an "I do" campaign was launched in Finland. People were so pissed of by the stupid politicians voting against the bill of equal rights that the public had to take action. Yes, I just said Finns and action in the same sentence. I'm so happy not to be upset and angry alone, there are other pissed of people too.
Finally, the public is acting on what is right. They made their own proposal for the Government who has to deal with it if over 50 000 Finns sign it. Well there are now over 89 000 Finns who have signed it. In one day. Yay, for Finns. Yay, for the freedom to marry who the fuck you want as long its someone living, not an animal, dead person or your family member. Way to go Finland. Seems like the public has something to say. Politicians - it's time for you to listen.
For all you Finnies out there who read this blog and haven't signed the petition yet.. Do it now:
Am I an advocate for Human Rights? Yes, fucking way.
Anyway, enough ranting and back to Africa meet.
When Africa friends came over this week, there was a special guest, all the way from Africa. Mike from Kenya is Tiia's boyfriend and visiting Finland. And when they both came over to mine, I really wanted him to have good time, to see the good things about this country. Not only the cold and the White side of things. Not only did I wanted everyone to speak English but also my fellow Finnies to behave. Africa people took care of Mike, he is one of us and luckily none of the Finnies were dickheads when we went out.

We all went to nightclub Apollo, which I consider a bit of mainstream bar but it turned out great. Funny how much of a difference can a good group and good music do, you don't really see the bimbos and wannabes around you! It was 10e to get in. All of the crew were a bit sour about the price but LUCKILY it paid of. Apollo had a great cover band playing that night and I must say, we got our moneys worth of music. The Ål In band played a huge variety of songs from Katy Perry to Kings of Leon and all of our group really enjoyed the gig. We were lucky enough to get an awesome balcony spot, close to the stage and there we danced the night away.
Who really needs alcohol when you are having fun, aye?
Best part of the evening wasn't having my friends over, because that's rather obvious I loved it but the part when we took the night bus home. Oh dear. that was something else.
Here is a picture where everyone was sitting on the bus!
At the Africa After party was .. me, Salla, Tiia, Mike, Katri, Eve and Mari. We took the bus home around 3am. Mike sat next to this Finnish guy and I next to him. And of course, the Finnish dude just couldn't resist the urge to talk with Mike.
He went on and on how all the Finnish women are as cold as ice and no good. Mike was rather confused by this but was polite to answer back. He was trying to say that Finnish women are great but the country itself is made of ice.
The dude wouldn't shut up so I had to tell him that maybe it's the Finnish men that make the women cold because Mike is about to go home with six women. (We were all staying at our place!) The Finnish dude said that "Ooh, Mike. You can't handle six women. Four maybe but six is too many!"
Then he urged Mike to leave Finland and the cold women and look for some exotic women, like the little older Filipino woman standing in front of him. The man with the Filipino woman did not like at all what he was saying and things started to heat up in the bus. (To be fair, the Finnish dude with the Filipino woman was like 27 years old and the woman was at least over 40 but hey, no hate!) Luckily we left the bus but I couldn't but to grin when I realized what about Mari and Eve were talking about. They discussed how the night bus is lively and friendly - completely unaware of the discussion Mike was having!
I told my friends that one day, I shall have a case of cold cider and a notebook and I'll spend that evening in the night bus. Witnessing all the mayhem around us. It would truly be an experience!
Anyway.
(Btw. Now there are 94471 signatures in that "I do" petition) Whoop whoop!
But yea.

Other than working, partying, doing art and hating on the society, I've been a listening ear to my girlfriends. It's funny how in the Spring all sorts of issues emerge, lovely boyfriends turn into dicks. I'm not in a relationship myself, which is why I try not give "be just single and let's hate him " kind of an advice but just to be there for my friends.
Relationships are not easy, there is being an ass and then there is being an asshole. Love isn't easy, never is but what's the point in easy? Easy is boring. But then there is also wasting your time and your life with someone completely unworthy, that's a whole another story.
Talking about stories, I have none to share anymore. I've been watching the Grimm, supernatural serie that Salla recommended. Salla herself is very close of getting an Glee-intervention as she has been watching the season 3 of Glee ALL WEEK and it's really getting to me to hear Mr. Shoes voice through the thin walls of our little flat.

I've been hyped up over the news of Veronica Mars movie. I saw the add where the cast were together goofing around like the good old Veronica days and it truly warmed my heart. That was and still is, one of my all time favorite series and I'm sooo happy that the story will have a proper finish.
Anyway. Blaa blaa blaa, I'm off to Vaasa next week.
It's Easter time bitches!
Jenni
When I post this, 103 306 have put their names down to support the "I Do" petition.
That is something I can be happy about. Thank you Finland for showing some guts!

Best part of the evening wasn't having my friends over, because that's rather obvious I loved it but the part when we took the night bus home. Oh dear. that was something else.
Here is a picture where everyone was sitting on the bus!
At the Africa After party was .. me, Salla, Tiia, Mike, Katri, Eve and Mari. We took the bus home around 3am. Mike sat next to this Finnish guy and I next to him. And of course, the Finnish dude just couldn't resist the urge to talk with Mike.
He went on and on how all the Finnish women are as cold as ice and no good. Mike was rather confused by this but was polite to answer back. He was trying to say that Finnish women are great but the country itself is made of ice.
The dude wouldn't shut up so I had to tell him that maybe it's the Finnish men that make the women cold because Mike is about to go home with six women. (We were all staying at our place!) The Finnish dude said that "Ooh, Mike. You can't handle six women. Four maybe but six is too many!"
Then he urged Mike to leave Finland and the cold women and look for some exotic women, like the little older Filipino woman standing in front of him. The man with the Filipino woman did not like at all what he was saying and things started to heat up in the bus. (To be fair, the Finnish dude with the Filipino woman was like 27 years old and the woman was at least over 40 but hey, no hate!) Luckily we left the bus but I couldn't but to grin when I realized what about Mari and Eve were talking about. They discussed how the night bus is lively and friendly - completely unaware of the discussion Mike was having!
I told my friends that one day, I shall have a case of cold cider and a notebook and I'll spend that evening in the night bus. Witnessing all the mayhem around us. It would truly be an experience!
Anyway.
(Btw. Now there are 94471 signatures in that "I do" petition) Whoop whoop!
But yea.

Other than working, partying, doing art and hating on the society, I've been a listening ear to my girlfriends. It's funny how in the Spring all sorts of issues emerge, lovely boyfriends turn into dicks. I'm not in a relationship myself, which is why I try not give "be just single and let's hate him " kind of an advice but just to be there for my friends.Relationships are not easy, there is being an ass and then there is being an asshole. Love isn't easy, never is but what's the point in easy? Easy is boring. But then there is also wasting your time and your life with someone completely unworthy, that's a whole another story.
Talking about stories, I have none to share anymore. I've been watching the Grimm, supernatural serie that Salla recommended. Salla herself is very close of getting an Glee-intervention as she has been watching the season 3 of Glee ALL WEEK and it's really getting to me to hear Mr. Shoes voice through the thin walls of our little flat.

I've been hyped up over the news of Veronica Mars movie. I saw the add where the cast were together goofing around like the good old Veronica days and it truly warmed my heart. That was and still is, one of my all time favorite series and I'm sooo happy that the story will have a proper finish.
Anyway. Blaa blaa blaa, I'm off to Vaasa next week.
It's Easter time bitches!
Jenni
When I post this, 103 306 have put their names down to support the "I Do" petition.
That is something I can be happy about. Thank you Finland for showing some guts!



Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti