7.3.2013

Out -A-Lot, Friends-A-Lot And Sick-A-Lot


Yolo!

What's up?

Been busy as fcuk. Living in Helsinki-Side-Of-Things has turned out to be everything I wanted and more. Well I didn't ask for this toothache but I still got one anyway,

Update? YOU got it.

Let's see... Last update about my life here in the Ho-town was about a month ago and oh boy, what a month it has been. Nothing major has happened but I've been out a lot, seen friends a lot and been sick a lot.




Valentines Day was great as usual. (Thanks to Sanni!) I went out to eat with Sanni at hte Shanghai Cowboy. Sanni's boyfriend couldn't make it so I tried my best to cover for Robin.  See my lovely Sanni met this Robin guy two years ago and they've been an item every since ... downside is that Robin lives elsewhere. So I did what every other friend would do, I was Robin for my Batman for that one evening. It was great awesome and fun. Sanni bought me dinner and gave me a wonderful gift that I truly treasure. The Moomins in Arabia. See I'm obsessed with the Moomins, especially with the Little My. The book was basically about the Moomin history with Arabia, the brand that makes the Moomin porcelain and silverware. Thanks doll :)


I was supposed to attend this booze cruise with Salla and Katri but just a night before, I woke up to a whole new world, world of tonsillitis. (Angiina)

When Katri and Salla were off to Estonia I stayed home for my own kind of trip. First I took a trip down the fever alley followed by a trip to a Medical Wonder World. 

I was put to bed rest for four days and had to take antibiotics for 10 days. Three times a day and at first there were three different meds for that. It got to the point I was almost hospitalized but luckily I beat the fucker and got better. But because of tonsillitis I had to skip the Estonia trip (boo) and I took it very easy for the next two weeks. Katri's birthday party was my first outing after a while.



For a while I was thinking about not going.
Didn't want to risk my health but Salla was going and I didn't want to be left behind, again. And luckily I went because the party was a lot of fun. 

Katri knows how to throw a party and we all had a great time. Salla went home around 2am and I wasn't home until 4. I don't kiss and tell but I must say, it was not a bad evening. Not. At. All. 

Katri's birthday was followed by a visit from Johanna and Sami. My wonderful bride (I'm Johanna's Made of Honor) and her to-be-husband came over for the weekend few weekends ago. From Friday to Sunday morning I got to enjoy some quality time with my wonderful friend from home. 

Johanna and Sami are both sport nuts so when we weren't drinking cider, we visited all the sporting stores in Helsinki. Whereas some friends want to go to Zara or Mango - these two were their happiest when finding quality Nike gear from a sport store. Johanna had her 25th birthday on Saturday so we all went out for the night. First we went to eat at Stones for some organic food and then went to Navy Jerry's. By far my new favorite bar here in Helsinki. The bar was like it's name - a navy bar. And who loves nave stuff? This kid! 

People were all dolled up with navy stuff and clothing and men wore sailor hats and shirts. The music was mostly swing and rock n' roll. LOVED it. Sanni and Robin with Robins' friend joined our little gathering and we all had truly great time together. We were sitting on these super comfortable arm chairs and we had our own tiki bar. Well kinda. Salla's arm chair was just in front of one and we acted as if it was ours ;) Sami and Johanna drove back to Vaasa the following morning and me and Salla cleaned the place and had a little argument.The argument/fight was nothing big really. We made up really quick but I think we just spent too many days together without having our own time. 

You'd think after all these parties we'd have one quiet weekend in? No. You are mistaken. Last Friday me, Katri and Salla went for another night out in Helsinki town. 

We went to this dance club and it was tons of fun - once again. I was a bit worried over Salla at first because she had been pre-drinking with her work mates and she was feeling a bit rebellious... meaning that she looked around in the bar and shouted: Oh my GOD, is this what you Finns call dancing? What the fuck are you guys doing??? Luckily she calmed down after getting her frustration out. To be fair, Finns usually lack a certain skill and enthusiasm for dancing. 


Dancing should be more than one-two one-two and hop hop, one-two one-two and hop hop. Me and Katri were laughing as Salla went to her own timezone and was dancing by herself somewhere in the crowd. Katri, being a very attractive female has a habit of getting some unwanted attention from the men. Too bad it's not only the hot males but also the ones with a uni brown and weird shakes. Me and Salla were holding our laughter when men try to voo her and she just says sooorry, I got a ring. Oh, the disappointment! 

And now were are here, Thursday  Yet another Friday is upon us. Am I going to party? Will there be dancing involved? Most likely not. My bestfriend is going home for the weekend leaving me allll alone here in the Big City. As always I do have some plans but now I also have some unwanted issues as my tooth is acting out. Motherfucker it hurts. I haven't had dental problems for a while but I have been suspecting this one teeth will act out at some point - and now is the point. I'm dead afraid of the dentist but I guess I have to use the little money I have saved for fixing the fucker... Besides the dental issues, I'm hoping to see miss Vanessa this weekend. Haven't seen that pretty face for a while. Also Katri has requested some shopping company. 

Even though there has been plenty of drinking and lots of parties I have worked too. Well I was almost a week off for that tonsillitis but other than that I've been busy workwise. I must say, I absolutely love my new colleagues Saara and Grace. 

It's funny how you don't feel like home at all at first when you start a new job but slowly you get there. I still don't know all the hoops and stuff to do in my new playschool but I miss my old work place less and less everyday. The new children are now important. I'll never forget certain individuals from my old work but a new playschool - new children. These children are super nice and funny, and I've been quoted as the funniest teacher ever. (Am I bragging? Yes!) Also one of the children has a habit of saying "It's okay Jenni, we know you are sometimes absent minded" if I forget to do something." 

Helsinki life has been busy. Just the other day when I went to my Godmothers house for a dinner I realized it's been almost three months here now. Me and Salla get along really well as I knew we would. We still don't agree with all the things but mostly we see eye to eye. Katri has been around a lot and her enthusiasm is very catching. 

Last weekend after the dance-night she stayed over and woke me up and managed to talk me into going to the Ikea with her.

Hangover as hell me, Salla and Katri went to Ikea for the day. The light hurt my eyes so much that I had to wear sunglasses in doors. Only thing missing for that Ikea trip was the meatballs. 

You know how Ikea meatballs are legendary. Well, there is this horse-gate going on in Europe where big/cow meat has been mixed with horse meat and people are raging. People are raging so much about the matter that all meat had to be tested, and what do you know - Ikea meatballs had horse meat in them. Horse meat means no meatballs for now. People were crying but understood the reason why not. 

That's about it...

Parties - check.
Work - check.
Friends - check. 
Dental issues - check.
Tonsillitis - check. 

.. I just counted that I have three weeks to my holiday in Vaasa. Yay. I'm so looking forward for some quality time with the family and friends. Basically all my holiday is booked for variety of people and activities. Luckily the time will be spent with good company. I'm very much looking forward of surprising my old children at my old work place :)

The Spring is here and I couldn't be more happier about that. For fuck sake it has been a long and dark Winter. It started early and has lasted long. Days in Mordor are now numbered as we are getting closer and closer to the Summer. You can see how having the Sun back has affected people. Everyone is less grumpy and moody but more happy and jolly. Children at daycare have been wild every since the Sun got back. But can't complain as I've been rather nutty too. 

Okay. Got to go and check where can one get a proper dentist around here. It's a bit time consuming as I have that dentist fear to find a doctor who specializes difficult cases like me. Luckily I have plenty of good things to put my mind around while dealing with this fear factor. 

Next weekend Africa people are coming over for some quality time, then it's the April Fools day, Easter, Vaasa trip and of course - the main event - My Birthday. Come April 12th and make me 26. Some would hate the idea of getting older and having yet another birthday but not me. I love it! On my birthday I have plans to go for that booze cruize that I missed with the girls. 

But for now, I got 99 problems and finding a good dentist is one. 

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: